Back to News

Have you had a Road Traffic Accident? We’ve got you Covered

Road Traffic Accident
Frequently Asked Questions

Did you know?

If you are in touch with our Wilson Nesbitt team regarding a personal injury sustained in a road traffic accident, we can offer you arrange this full suite of services;

  • Vehicle Recovery Services
  • Vehicle Hire
  • Vehicle Repairs
  • Legal Claims Assistance 

We employ a team of experienced solicitors who will look after your claim from start to finish. We have developed significant relationships with the recovery industry and have a replacement vehicle fleet to suit all of our customer’s needs.

We are committed to our clients and we will ensure an efficient and reliable Roadside Assistance Service. We can arrange your vehicle recovery, repair and storage and we can offer you a stress free, high quality vehicle hire, to get you where you need to be.

If you were unfortunate to be injured, our expert panel of solicitors will ensure you obtain the maximum amount of compensation available to you. Our panel of expert solicitors are renowned as personal injury claims specialists.

What’s the first thing to do if I am in a road traffic accident?

We understand that you may be shocked and unsure of what to do.
We have prepared an easy to follow guide to reduce the stress involved:

The very first thing to do is ensure that you and any passengers are safe.

Report the incident to the PSNI
Call the PSNI to report the accident, if the accident is an emergency, you can call 999 for an ambulance.

Exchange details with any other drivers involved
Check on any other vehicles involved in the accident. Are they hurt? Do they need medical attention?

You should make a note of the;
– Driver’s name, address and contact details
– Make, model and colour of the vehicle
– The registration number of the vehicle
– Details of any witnesses

Take photographs of the accident scene & vehicles involved
If you can, take photographs of the scene and the vehicles involved.

Report the accident to your Insurance Company
It is important that you report the accident to your Insurance Company as soon as possible after the accident, even if the accident was not your fault. 

If you have been injured, seek medical attention
If you have been injured as a result of a road traffic accident we would recommend that you seek medical advice from your GP or hospital where appropriate. 

Personal Injury Claims

We act for drivers, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians in claiming compensation for injuries suffered through the fault of others on the road. Our team of expert road traffic solicitors have specialist knowledge in all areas of road traffic legislation and will work tirelessly on your behalf to ensure that you get the best outcome as quickly as possible.

Is it worth getting a solicitor for a minor car accident?

This depends on the extent of the injuries. You may not see a need to seek legal representations for minor injuries such as scrapes and knocks. Disputes may arise over which party is responsible.

For any type of injury it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible to ensure that there is no serious risk to your health. Sometimes minor injuries can turn into major injuries and there are also mental scars associated with road traffic accidents.

How much compensation will I get for a car accident claim in Northern Ireland?

The amount of compensation you may receive depends on the severity of the accident and nature of your injuries, emotional distress or financial loss. It’s worth speaking to a solicitor who can let you know if you have a good case or not.

What can I claim for after a car accident?

You may be entitled to claim compensation to help you to recover from physical or emotional injuries sustained as a result of a car accident. This includes loss of earnings and loss of future earnings. You may have been the victim of another driver’s carelessness on the road as another driver or as a pedestrian or a cyclist.

What happens if I sustain a traffic accident related injury while travelling outside of Northern Ireland?

Republic of Ireland based Road Traffic Accidents: Wilson Nesbitt can deal with cases pre- proceedings, if proceedings needed to be issued then would need to recommend a ROI Solicitor. It’s worth noting ROI claims also have a two year time limit, compared with the three year time limit in place in Northern Ireland.

England, Scotland, Wales & further afield: Northern Ireland based solicitors cannot take any involvement. Those involved in the Roadside Traffic Accident would have to seek advice from a Solicitor in the relevant jurisdiction.
It’s also worth noting, it’s no longer possible to claim for soft tissue injuries in England & Wales.

Get in Touch

Our experienced road traffic accident solicitors understand the pain and consequences which can arise out of an accident on the road. From car crashes and whiplash claims to cycling accidents and serious injuries, we’ll help you recover compensation to help get your life back on track.

  • Mon- Fri | 8am-6pm | Call: 07977243130

Get in touch

To find out more about how we can help you with your query, please contact us.