Gilbert is a real estate lawyer and the firm’s senior partner.
He specialises in complex large scale residential housing schemes.
Gilbert advises leading Northern Irish real estate developers and local Housing Associations.
Gilbert was ranked and highlighted for his work in the Real Estate sector in the Legal 500 in 2022.
Gilbert’s key experience includes:
- Advising Radius Housing Association on the Northern Irish real estate elements of its £105m bond issue to 7 global institutional investors
- Advising on the acquisition and redevelopment of the 75 acre Castlebawn Scheme in Newtownards from administrators by a syndicate of local investors
- Advising on the acquisition of the 10 acre Hillview Retail Park, Crumlin regeneration project by a local developer
- Advising Radius Housing Association on a major 20 acre brownfield acquisition and redevelopment as social housing and commercial offices
- Advising Radius Housing Association on multiple design and build acquisitions to facilitate development of social housing units
- Member of the NI Commercial Property Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
- NI Chamber of Commerce