Gilbert is a real estate lawyer and the firm’s senior partner. He specialises in complex large scale residential and social housing schemes. Gilbert advises a mix of real estate developers and local Housing Associations.
Gilbert’s key experience includes:
- Advising Radius Housing Association on the Northern Irish real estate elements of its £105m bond issue to 7 global institutional investors.
- Advising on the acquisition and redevelopment of the 75 acre Castlebawn Scheme in Newtownards from administrators by a syndicate of local investors;
- Advising on the acquisition of the 10 acre Hillview Retail Park, Crumlin regeneration project by a local developer.
- Advising Radius Housing Association on a major 20 acre brownfield acquisition and redevelopment as social housing and commercial offices.
- Advising Radius Housing Association on multiple design and build acquisitions to facilitate development of social housing units.
- Member of the NI Commercial Property Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).