Neil is a partner in our Banking team. He acts for a number of local and UK financial institutions on transactions secured against Northern Ireland assets. Neil also advises commercial borrowers taking debt on banking terms and security offered.
Neil was ranked and highlighted for his work in the Finance sector in the Legal 500 in 2022.
Neil was also listed in Band 3 for Banking & Finance for NI, by Chamber & Partners, 2021.
“Able to use some really creative thinking.”Head of Development Finance, Leading Northern Irish Bank
“Solutions-focused, which is very rare.”Head of Underwriting Ireland, Fiduciam
“The strength of the relationships he has with the banks combined with his expertise means you just end up saving a lot of time.”Director, Brookland Developments
"He provides an excellent service, he is very knowledgeable and he is always prompt. His advice is always well positioned and protects all parties involved in any particular transaction."Chamber & Partners, Ranking 2021
Neil’s key experience includes:
- Primary adviser to a leading local bank on the placing of debt secured on Northern Irish assets;
- Northern Irish adviser to Fiduciam Nominees Limited, a UK based short term bridging lender on loan terms and the taking of security;
- Advised Radius Housing Association on the Northern Irish real estate elements of its £105m bond issue to 7 global institutional investors;
- Advised a leading local bank on a secured £6m loan to assist in the purchase of a regional shopping centre; and
- Advising a leading local bank on both acquisition and development loans for multiple residential development sites.
- NI Commercial Property Lawyers Association
- The Institute of Directors NI (IOD)
- NI Chamber of Commerce