Taking children into care

Care proceedings take place when Social Services ask the Courts to decide whether or not a young person should be placed into care. Social Services may ask the Court to make temporary orders only while matters are being investigated further and plans for the young person are made.

If Social Services still believe that a Care Order is necessary, they will ask the Courts to grant a full Care Order.

Solicitors for Children

We will give you free initial advice, guide you on what your legal options are, let you know whether you will qualify for legal aid and if not what the cost implications are for you.

Our team specialise in all aspects of children's law and can assist you with any legal issues arising out of care proceedings.

Next Steps

Take the next step and call us on freephone number 0800 840 9292 or send us your details.

Read more about family law.

Here to help

Ciara Barlow Profile picture Ciara Barlow

Senior Associate

Jayne Boyd Profile picture Jayne Boyd


Joanne Keenan Profile picture Joanne Keenan

Matrimonial Team Specialist

Aoife McCann Profile picture Aoife McCann

Family Law Team Specialist

Shannon McLorie Profile picture Shannon McLorie

Family Law Team Specialist

Lenore Rice Profile picture Lenore Rice


Megan Weimann Profile picture Megan Weimann

Matrimonial Team Specialist