As a globally minded local practice, we work smarter with leading law firms around the world offering a seamless service across jurisdictions. This different and flexible approach assures our clients and partner firms that the highest standards of legal advice will be delivered holistically. Our in-depth local knowledge combined with world class connections delivers better results.
When clients need advice on cross-border matters, especially when it’s a jurisdiction that they have not done business in previously, they want the reassurance that their legal work will continue to be done to the same high standards. We understand that need.
Northern Irish Local CounselLaw firms based outside of Northern Ireland work with us because they trust us to deliver excellent work for their clients. They appreciate our expertise and our culture centred on excellence, collaboration, innovation and respect. They understand that we are local experts focused on knowing our market and that we work well as part of a team advising on cross-border transactions and litigation. Together with those firms, we work smarter in providing a seamless service which fits with your global deal and dispute resolution timetables. Acting as Northern Irish local counsel we have advised on:
- Enforcing court decisions in Northern Ireland.
- Carrying out due diligence on Northern Irish assets as part of multi-jurisdictional trust, banking or corporate transactions.
- Given legal opinions on the enforceability of contracts against Northern Irish entities.
Coordinating International Legal AdviceTo help clients who need advice on international matters, we work with other firms internationally who are willing to take a different approach to make sure of better results for their clients. Where our clients need advice in other jurisdictions, we refer our clients to lawyers we know and trust to work smarter; providing oversight and strategic advice as required. When the need arises, we coordinate our clients’ international matters. We have experience in:
- Sourcing and project managing international work through a single Wilson Nesbitt point of contact.
- Making a referral to law firms who we know and trust through relationships we have built
International Clients investing in Northern IrelandTo help clients based internationally and who need advice in Northern Ireland, we offer the local knowledge that will help to open doors and get operations up and running quickly. We understand the concerns that clients have when they haven’t worked in a jurisdiction before and we help put those to rest by providing high quality knowledge and expertise in a manner which is focused on delivery. We have experience in:
- Advising on all aspects of opening a Northern Ireland operation.
- Making local introductions to key stakeholders to help smooth the start-up process.
- Interacting with international teams of advisers to ensure a smooth project managed delivery.
What We Do
- Acting as local counsel for Morrison & Foerster on the £105m private bond placement to seven institutional investors secured against 3,000 local Northern Irish properties with certification of 48% of those assets.
- Acting as local counsel for Burness Paul on the £8m corporate acquisition of Johnston Campbell advising on the property due diligence and the real estate warranties in the share purchase agreement.
- Acting as local counsel for Browne Jacobson for the Single Financial Guidance Body in a dispute with the Northern Ireland Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux Limited relating to a £1.6m grant funding agreement.