As a globally minded practice, we work with international leading law firms, offering a smarter, seamless service across all jurisdictions. Our flexible approach assures a holistic, high quality service delivery for our clients and partner firms. Our in-depth local knowledge combined with world class connections delivers better results.
Northern Irish Local CounselLaw firms based outside of Northern Ireland work with us because they trust us to deliver excellent work for their clients. They appreciate our expertise and our culture centred on excellence, innovation and respect. They understand that we are local experts, market leaders and we collaborate successfully on cross-border transactions and litigation. Together we work smarter in providing a seamless service which fits with your global deal and dispute resolution timeframe.
Coordinating International Legal AdviceTo help clients requiring advice on international matters, we work with international firms who are willing to take a different approach to ensure better results for their clients. Where our own clients need advice in other jurisdictions, we refer our clients to lawyers we know and trust to provide the oversight and strategic advice required. When the need arises, we coordinate our clients’ international matters.
International Clients investing in NIFor international based clients who require NI based advice, we offer local knowledge that will help to open doors and get operations up and running quickly. We understand the concerns clients have when they haven’t worked in a jurisdiction before. We help by providing high quality knowledge and expertise in a manner which is focused on delivery.
International Case Experience
- Acting as local counsel for Morrison & Foerster on the £105m private bond placement to seven institutional investors secured against 3,000 local Northern Irish properties with certification of 48% of those assets
- Acting as local counsel for Burness Paul on the £8m corporate acquisition of Johnston Campbell advising on the property due diligence and the real estate warranties in the share purchase agreement
- Acting as local counsel for Browne Jacobson for the Single Financial Guidance Body in a dispute with the Northern Ireland Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux Limited relating to a £1.6m grant funding agreement.
England & Wales
- Wilson Nesbitt E&W (a subsidiary of Wilson Nesbitt Solicitors) is registered and regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority under SRA Number 8001576.
- Wilson Nesbitt E&W is authorised to carry out reserved legal activities in England and Wales and our lawyer are experts in Commercial, Corporate, Commercial Real Estate and Banking and Finance matters.
Get in touch
To find out more about how we can help you with your query, please contact us.
How we work
- Advising on all aspects of opening a Northern Ireland operation.
- Making local introductions to key stakeholders to help smooth the start-up process.
- Interacting with international teams of advisers to ensure a smooth project managed delivery.
- Reassurance for clients that legal work will continue to be done to the same high standards. We understand and deliver upon that need.
- Sourcing and project managing international work through a single Wilson Nesbitt point of contact.
- Making a referral to law firms who we know and trust through relationships we have built.
- Acting as Northern Irish local counsel we have advised on enforcing court decisions in Northern Ireland
- We carry out due diligence on Northern Irish assets as part of multi-jurisdictional trust, banking or corporate transactions
- We give legal opinions on the enforceability of contracts against Northern Irish entities.